Sales productivity analysis: why?
Health checks are frequently done to increase the performance of many departments:
- Security and safety
- Information Systems
- Human Resources
- Research and Development
So why not do a productivity analysis with sales?
A screening done by a third party , with a fresh look, can increase the productivity significantly and reduce costs.
Sales productivity analysis: when?
- Disfunction between two or more departments (e.g. marketing and sales)
- Permanent challenge to sell “value” proposition, due to a problem of differentiation. Consequence: larger discounts
- No consistent sales methodology and related processes
- More sales people not reaching their targets, decreasing productivity
- Delayed or lost opportunities and customers postponing their decision
- High erosion of sales personnel
- No or little technology in support of sales
- Little leverage through alternative channels
- A need for a thorough “due diligence” as part of a potential acquisition or raise of capital